Fall is my favorite season. There is pumpkin everything: pumpkin chai, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ale and even a pumpkin launch held in Tegeler Field on Nov. 2 During fall the leaves are starting to change to an array of lively oranges, but what I love most about fall is the fashion. People, IT’S SWEATER WEATHER!!! Fall is the perfect season to be cute, comfy and warm. My five fall fashion must haves include:
1. An oversized sweater. My life motto is there is no such thing as an ugly sweater. The uglier the better. I encourage people to wear earth tone colored sweaters this fall and also weird colored or patterned sweaters. Don’t be afraid to grab that sweater with pumpkins and cats on it because you think you might look silly, in actuality that sweater will scream “I am a fun and festive person.” If you are in need of some fun sweaters for fall check out my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/EmbraceWEIRDNESS.
2. A hat. Beanie or brimmed hats, fall is one the only season that your ears get the chance to be warm and cute. I love matching my earth colored sweaters with vibrant colored beanies or my vibrant colored sweaters with earth tone colored beanies. A wide-brimmed hat is a must in my fall wardrobe; I’m talking a Panama- style wide- brimmed hat. The best part about wearing a hat is that your ears maintain warmth and you can disguise the fact that you probably haven’t combed your hair in weeks.
3. A scarf. I love bright silky fun patterned scarves, which can be tied a million different ways. My neck is sensitive to cold so fall is the perfect season to start wearing my infinity scarf. Infinity scarves compliment any outfit while allowing you to stay warm and cozy.
4. Boots. This fall you will catch me wearing boots galore, such as combat boots, cowboy boats, knee high boots, knock off Doc Martins and Timberlands. My boot choice typically correlates to my mood. Boots help you trek through the fall weather feeling confident and stylish.
5. Printed socks. Printed socks are one of the best investments you can make under $15 to instantly update your combat boots, chunky heels, skirts, jeans and cropped trousers. I love matching my pink floral socks with my floral sweater.
Fashion is whatever you want it to be. There are no rules in fashion. Just remember, tis the season to be trendy, comfy and warm!