Women’s Soccer Falls to Iowa

Iowa+controlled+posession+on+their+way+to+a+3-0+win+at+Hermann+Stadium+on+Sept.+12%2C+2012.+Charles+Bowles%2FSports+Editor+
Iowa controlled posession on their way to a 3-0 win at Hermann Stadium on Sept. 12, 2012. Charles Bowles/Sports Editor

The women’s soccer team was defeated at Herman Stadium by the Iowa Hawkeyes 3-0 on Wednesday night.

Iowa’s Ashley Catrell scored the first 2 goals for the Hawkeyes and Cloe Laclasse scored the third goal of the game for the Hawkeyes.

Iowa continued their undefeated season as the Billikens fell to 1-4-2. Catrell scored in the 28th minute and the 52nd minute and Laclasse added another goal  in the 59th minute.

Iowa controlled the pace of the game and was more aggressive on offense. However, the Billikens had 10 shots on goal compared to Iowa’s 7 shots on goal. Also, the Bills had six corner kicks while Iowa had just five corner kicks.

The Billikens will head on the road this weekend across the Mississippi River to Southern Illinois at Edwardsville. The game will kickoff at 1 p.m. After that, they head north to play Depaul University in Chicago.